Electronic dual language books for children or e-books
Wallymeets dual language books for children are in PDF and Epub 1.0.5
Wallymeets dual language books for children are available in PDF format and E-pub 1.05. What are the differences and what do I need?
The differences between dual language PDF books and dual language E-pub books or short ebooks:
- Dual language E-pub books have the option to change the font seize. The text floats on the page. This is practical if you have a small screen. You can make the letter large as you like. The disadvantage is that the text is not related to images and the layout may look awkward
- PDF books are a collection of images bound together in a dual language book. Each page is an image text pictures it is all fixed. I you ant to increase the letter seize you increase the whole page.
- For dual language picture books PDF format is preferable because the layout, the text in relation to the images is important. PDF files can be read on most e-readers including the ipad.
Epub 1.0.5 is used for the ipad but the interactivity of this epub version is not that advanced. The Wally e-book project looks into the future opportunities of electronic books for children, children e-books. We interviewed people that work with children, teachers, children doctors and scientists to get their view on how to benefit from the interactive element that e-books provide. Please see two book interviews below:
- An interview with Tom Huntington owner of Learning Goals Institute is here.
- An interview with Donovan Oakleaf teacher at the LA unified school district is here.
Question about ebooks:
- E-books are rapidly replacing the book as we know it. Do you feel that electronic books, especially interactive children books, enhance the child's curiosity and development and how?
- Please email your ideas and participate in this discussion